[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
LLRM Medical College • View topic - LLRM Medical college -1

LLRM Medical college -1

लाला लाजपतराय मेमोरियल मेडिकल कॉलिज फोरम मे आपका स्वागत है ।

Lala Lajpat Rai Memorial (L.L.R.M) Medical, is located in Meerut (U.P) India. Since its inception in the year 1966, this college has produced thousands of distinguished medical professionals. This is an effort to bring together the alumni of L.L.R.M Medical College, Meerut, India. Please register to login and post a message. Feel free to post as many messages as you want.

For any problem during registration or login email - webmaster@llrmc.com.
To start a new thread, moderate a forum or to start a new batch forum, contact web site administrator through the above mentioned email or post a message in this 'L.L.R.M' forum.

*This forum is exclusively for L.L.R.M Medical College, Meerut (India) alumni and is not open for general public. Present and past students and staff members of L.L.R.M Medical College Meerut are welcome to register and join this forum. Registration attempts by others who are not L.L.R.M Medical College alumni is strictly prohibited and will be considered illegal under section 43 of the Indian Information Technology Act, 2000 (No. 21 Of 2000)

Download Easy Hindi Typing tool
http://tdil.mit.gov.in/download/hwiter.htm

LLRM Medical college -1

Postby Himadri Roy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:55 pm

Most LLRMites have wonderful memories of LLRMC. Many are sad to see the 'plight of LLRM medical college these days'. Some would like to do something about it but do not know what to do. However, there might be others who have some ideas and would like to put them into action. If you are one of those LLRMites who would like to do something about your alma mater, and have some practical ideas that you would like to share then this thread is for you.
Himadri Roy
Site Admin

Address: Rajan Kunj,Meerut
Batch: 1985

Re: LLRM Medical college -1

Postby ARVIND MATHUR » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:32 am

Dear Himadri,
Its strange that we have not yet had any response in this thread. I have been waiting for responses rather than jumping on to your idea of reviving our earlier discussions which fizzled out with Right to Information appeal idea!!!!
Nonetheless, it may be more appropriate to develop an inventory of ideas between us and share with people for their concurrence or consent or contributions.
You may even visit some of earlier exchanges where in we had some of these ideas listed.
Also, there is a merit in our exploring the real needs ourselves during upcoming OSA and thereafter for developing a responsive proposal.
I am surely more than happy to contribute and carry the dialogue further.
Cheers and ciao
Arvind
Dr Arvind Mathur
MD, DHA, DNB
Medical Officer
Family & Community Health
WHO-DPR Korea
Pyongyang
ARVIND MATHUR
Forum Senior Consultant

Address: 14, Munsudong
Pyongyang, DPR Korea
Batch: 0

Postby Himadri Roy » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:29 pm

Dear Arvind,
We both know that it will take a lot more than discussing on an obscure thread in an inconspicuous forum to come up with a concrete plan for LLRM medical college's benefit. But as of now sitting 300 km from the arctic circle this is the best we can do :lol: It is sad that every year over a million rupee is spent on OSA parties but nobody gives a penny for the benefit of their alma mater.
There are two sayings in Hindi .... (1st... 'Akela Chana bhad nahi fod sakta' and the 2nd one is ... 'boond boond se sagar banata hai'.... Only time will tell which one is true in this case :roll: 'Lage raho Munna bhai' is our motto :wink:
Himadri Roy
Site Admin

Postby ARVIND MATHUR » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:29 pm

Thats right Himadri that we can only deliberate and generate ideas.
Its also correct that more than a million rupees are spent on OSA but its probably incorrcet that previous batches have not done for Alma Mater. I understand that Air conditioning of LTs, equipping them with LCDs and computers etc. and even some computers in the departments have been made available. lets be fair to our seniors :wink: .

Yes, we continue with our moto 'Lage Raho Munna Bhai' and I am firm beliver in your second quote :D and surely we shall be able to put together some concrete and practical ideas.

However, the big question is whether more substantial contribution could be made or not? Mostly the needs are infrastructrual and if you recall our last discussion it finally went the usual way that government should do more!!! Its true and we could probably leave infrastructre development to the government.

But could we think of instituting some thing different and more academics oriented such as Research Grant or some recognition of the PG student who publishes a paper in international index journal or some thing like this! As I suggested in previous message that we can probably pick up ideas which were put together in earlier discussion and make an inventory.
I know you are reaching India on 30th Dec and though i am around but shall leave soon thereafter. However, we have to get the ball rolling now.

I am planning to attend OSA 2009 and hopefully everything goes off as planned. It has been several years that i have attended the OSA and so it would be quite an experience. This would also allow us to sit with some Meerut wala colleagues and discuss more concretely the plan to move forward. It would have really been nice if you were able to come to attend OSA.

Dheeraj has completely been out of scene and I am trying to get in touch with him again. Sanjeev is now busy settling in at Hyderbad with Unicef and understandbly would be quite busy. PP has disappeared but should resurface some time and so is Hemant. Let us hope that these guys come back to the forum and plan to participate in OSA 2009 but certainly in 2010.
Let us continue our efforts...
Cheers and ciao
Arvind
Dr Arvind Mathur
MD, DHA, DNB
Medical Officer
WHO-DPR Korea
Pyongyang
ARVIND MATHUR
Forum Senior Consultant

Pyongyang, DPR Korea
Batch: 0

Postby Himadri Roy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:56 pm

Dear Arvind,
Great news that LLRMC LTs are now high tech. Apologies to senior batches for my relatively harsh words if they have given those things to our alma mater ..."Air conditioning of LTs, equipping them with LCDs and computers" etc . I was in some LLRMC lecture theaters in 2008 and didn't see any of those things. Perhaps these are some recent additions to LLRMC'S LT or my nostalgic mind temporarily impaired my sight and I missed those wonderful gifts :wink: . All I saw was a thick layer of dust , lot of dirt, broken glasses in some windows, unpainted wall, 'gutka and pan ki peek' , was universally present....... (PP documented them in his photographs). Or perhaps that was one off day and I was there at the wrong time :| . So it was just a single observation and my conclusions based on very limited data were unjustified :P . As you said things are much better now (Air conditioned LTs, with LCDs and computers etc).
I agree that most things (dirty corridors etc.) are infrastructure related and administrative and beyond the scope of OSA. But a grant ( or a laptop or travel support to a conference) to a student who publishes a paper in an international index journal will be a good beginning. Probably I will be in NOIDA for a day (from 29th morning till -30th morning). If you are in NOIDA at that time then we should try to meet for a few hours.

- Himadri
Himadri Roy
Site Admin

Postby ARVIND MATHUR » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:41 pm

Dear Bong,
First let us definately try to meet up on 29/30 Dec and there could be no better thing but to catch up. Let me know Dumpy's address and I shall get you guys over at my place or you could come straight home from airport (hopefully I am at Noida). We shall figure this out but we are meeting for sure.
I should be honest in admitting that I have not visited the college and what i wrote was based on information provided from some reliable sources. The new pharmcy LT is supposedly AC and all other LTs are now fitted with Mike System and recently have been provided with LCD projector. Irony is that very few teachers are using them or inclined to use them per information shared :(
Nonetheless, even these could be some additions that could be cosidered to improve the teaching standards in the college. recently MCI has made publication of original reserach and papers in index journals mandatory for promotion. I am sure such pressures would make people realize the importance of scientific writing and compell both PGs and young faculty to spend some time in publishing the papers in journals of some standard.
Let us think about 'reserach grant' and 'travelling grant' modality either thru the forum or separately.
It may be useful to just list some of these ideas as an inventory.
Let two of us continue to put in our heads together till some one wakes up to the call!
cheers and ciao
Arvind
Dr Arvind Mathur
MD, DHA, DNB
Medical Officer
WHO-DPR Korea
Pyongyang
ARVIND MATHUR
Forum Senior Consultant

Pyongyang, DPR Korea